The flying wings (also known as Zagi wings) are becoming very popular, and due to technology improvements, it’s possible to include electronic component to make it autonomous in a very accessible way. Also, there’s the immersion provided by FPV video feed, that allows lot more possibilites.
This is what this project is about: The build of an autonomous flying wing with the following characteristics:
- Autonomous flight – Have electronics that allow stabilized flight, automatic return (including in case of radio control signal lost) and automatic takeoff
- FPV – Have a camera and a video transmitter, so the pilot can fly the plane in first person view
- Small and light – Just 84 centimeters wingspan and less than 500 grams weight if built correctly
- Easy to fly – Have excelent glide ratio and can fly very slowly – Nice for novice pilots
- Great range – Using the right batteries, the flight time can be longer than 1 hour!
EMAX ES08MDII Metal Gear Servos (buy two!)
FlySky FS-i6 radio transmitter with FS-iA6B receiver
Eachine EV800D Goggles